Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Location, location, location

"Everyone who comes to Me and hears My words and acts on them, I will show you whom he is like: he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid a foundation on the rock; and when a flood occurred, the torrent burst against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built. " Luke 6:47-48


There's a saying in real estate to describe what you should be looking for when you are building or buying a home-Location, location, location. Why is that so important?  From a worldly standpoint, you could point out that the home's value could greatly decrease if the neighborhood where it's built is not maintained by everyone-homes around yours fall into disrepair, crime rates rise or homes are left vacant for any number of reasons to name a few.  Or building in an area known for sink holes or prone to natural disasters would not be wise.  Unfortunately, many elements of location can't be predicted, controlled or planned for.

The one thing we can control though, is where we build our home-the location we lay the foundation. The bible tells us to lay our "foundation on the rock" so that when the storm comes, we will not be shaken.  1 Corinthian 3:11 says, "For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we already have--Jesus Christ."  and Psalm 18:2 says, "The LORD is my rock... my stronghold."   We build this unshakable stronghold by hearing God's words and acting on them.  

The bible is very clear of the consequences of not following Christ but choosing to follow the ways of the world, "But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”  Luke 6:46   Only you can make the decision where you will build your house-on the rock or sinking sand.   As for me, I will build my house upon "my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety."  Psalm 18:2


Heavenly Father, thank you for being the rock of our salvation, the place where we can find rest for our souls and our weary bodies, the place we can feel safe and loved.  I pray that those choosing to build their homes on sinking sand today would instead turn away from the world and turn to You.  Use us today to be the person to show Your love and help those struggling with that decision.  In Your precious name we pray, Jesus.  Amen.



Happy running!!!
www.team413.org


My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness-Hillsong  Perhaps one of the best songs ever written!






No comments:

Post a Comment