Monday, August 18, 2014

And then...


"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Matthew 6:33






And then I'll be happy.... What a deceptive phrase. When I get that new job, then I'll be happy. When the kids are out of diapers, then I'll be happy. If I just had a bigger house, then I'd be happy. If I just had more time, then I'd be happy. If my spouse would just do this or that, then I would be happy. What about being happy right now? Hebrews 13:5 says, " Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Be content with what you have? Now there's a concept. If you have food on the table, a roof over your head and a car to drive to work, congratulations! You are blessed indeed. Did you know that almost half the world — over 3 billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day? Did you start your day off with a nice refreshing glass of water or enjoy it in your hot coffee? Consider that 783 million people in the world do not have access to safe water. This is roughly 11 percent of the world's population. http://www.compassion.com/poverty/poverty.htm    Certainly makes you appreciate it more I hope?

The United States is one of the 10 richest nations in the world where the majority of people have access to clean water and shelter. Yet it never seems to be enough. If you're waiting until, you fill in the blank, to be happy, I have news for you. You will never be happy. If you can't appreciate the simplicity of being content with the blessings God has granted, there aren't enough "things" in this world to satisfy you. Apart from Christ, there is no happiness. It can't be found in any person, place or thing. It can only be found in Christ. By making Him the center of your life, you can't help but rejoice regardless of your circumstances. Paul knew this when (while locked up in prison) he wrote, "I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." Philippians 4:12-13.

Paul had lived as a rich man apart from Christ. And then as a poor man abiding in Christ. The choice was easy for Him. "Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ" Philippians 3:8. Don't wait for the and then to happen. Find your happiness in the priceless gift of knowing Christ. Everything else is worthless.

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving us even when we are not grateful for what we have. I pray that we will not take for granted the things you have blessed us with, big and small. Thank You for our homes, running water, electricity and food on our table. Praise your holy name for the things you have supplied out of the richness of your love. Your love and presence in our lives is priceless. Thank you Lord. In your precious name we pray Jesus, Amen.

Happy running!!!

www.team413.org




You're all I need-Hezekiah Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment