Saturday, August 16, 2014

First impressions

"Although you've never seen him, you love him. Even though you don't see him now, you trust him and so rejoice with a glorious joy that is too much for words.  You are receiving the goal of your faith: your salvation." 1 Peter 1:8-9


PhotoThe saying goes that "You never get a second chance to make a first impression."  Notice it didn't say a good or mediocre impression? This was a convenient thing for me last week as the first impression I made was probably what you would only call memorable.  My good friend, Laura, was scheduled to come by the medical office where I work (alongside my father, the doctor) to have her back adjusted as most runners have to do from time to time.  There was no one in the office as I saw her pull up through the large front windows. Showtime, I thought to myself as I ran to the front of the lobby and got down on my knees in front of the chairs by the front door.  As I was giggling, I could hear her talking to her friend.  Oh no, I forgot she was bringing a friend!  It was too late to do anything but jump up and yell boo! as they made their way in the door.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone jump so high or scream so loud.

After the girls caught their breath and we all quit laughing, I was introduced to my newest friend, Kim, who I knew would never forget my first impression.  What a chuckle we had as we talked like we had known each other for years.  But that's what God does, He gives us overwhelming joy.  While some people express their joy with smiles or hugs, I tend to get a little carried away.  And joy is a fruit of the spirit you know...Galalatians 5:22 says, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,".

Sometimes happiness is just too much to keep to ourselves-after all, Joy and happiness is the best prescription for a fabulous day  "A joyful heart is good medicine," Proverbs 17:22.  Have a most blessed day!

Heavenly Father, thank you for your presence that brings so much joy.  May we rejoice today in the fact that, no matter what we are going through in this life, there is peace, joy and rest in the eternal life you have promised to all those who believe.  And to have the Holy Spirit to guide us is a blessing beyond comprehension.  What a reason to be joyous today!!  Thank you Lord for all you have done, are doing and will do through us.  In your precious name we pray Jesus, Amen.

Happy running!!!
www.team413.org

Turn this one up!
You make me happy-Pharrel Williams Gospel Remix

No comments:

Post a Comment