Thursday, May 20, 2021

We won't get away with it

"Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." Hebrews 4:13 NIV


If there's one thing I love as much as running, it's coaching new runners; especially those in the Couch to 5k program I'm blessed to lead as part of my job as the Wellness Coordinator for our local health department. I find great joy in helping men and women of every age and fitness level reach the finish line of their first 3.1 mile race, something that most of them think is nearly impossible. And in my quest to do this, I always stress to the participants that my job as their coach is not only to help them reach their goal but to reach it injury free. Which is the reason I had concern at the class I taught last night when two of the runners were complaining of pain in various areas. "Okay ladies," I said. "Tell me what you did last week. Did you follow the training plan as you should have? Did you do more than you were supposed to and break the 10% rule?" And while the look on their faces said it all, they still came clean and admitted to not adhering to the training schedule with one of them saying, "It wouldn't do any good for us to lie, you obviously know the truth." "I do," I said smiling. "I forgive you but let's not do that again." "Oh we won't," they both said as we all laughed knowing they didn't get away with it. 

And you know, the same can be said about you and me. We can never truly get away with anything, because in the end "nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight," and I mean nothing. Everything you and I do in private, thinking it's secret and will never be discovered, will be "uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." Which means we have no secrets from God and cannot hide our actions from His sight. He sees all, knows all, and will ultimately judge all. Thankfully though, if we repent, He also forgives all. 

So whether you are in public or in private, seek to live in a way that honors God and brings Him glory my friend.This will not only make your life better but will influence those around you to seek Him. And isn't drawing others to Christ our ultimate goal? 

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us that nothing we do escapes your knowledge. Please cause us to remember that our actions, seen or unseen, have consequences both here and in the hereafter. Help us to live a life that is holy and pleasing to You. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment