Sunday, May 2, 2021

The best deal

"How then can they call on the One in whom they have not believed? And how can they believe in the One of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone to preach?" Romans 10:14 BSB


Several months ago while perusing the sporting goods aisle at our local Wal-Mart, I came across a name-brand hydration vest for the low price of $40. "Wow," I thought to myself as I further inspected it. "This vest is amazing. I'm going to tell our running group." And sure enough, because of that testimony several runners made the purchase. In fact, one of the runners, Russ, was actually wearing it on our group run Saturday for the first time. "How do you like your vest?" I asked him. "Man this thing is great. It has pockets for everything and is very comfortable." About that time, Rebecca chimed in and said, "That looks exactly like mine and I paid much more than that." And sure enough, they were the same size, same brand and the same quality. The only measurable differences? The colors, the size of the brand name logo on the back, the placement of the zippers, and of course the price; the Wal-Mart one was $60 cheaper. "Oh my," I told them. “We have to share this." And that's exactly what we did... stopping to make a video to share on social media right there on the trail. 

And you know, this is not the only 'good deal' that I have shared with others. I've never hesitated to tell someone about a 'good deal' and I've certainly never shied away from telling others, even complete strangers, about the best deal in the world... accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. You see, whether you and I want to believe it or not, there are millions of people in our world today (yes, even in our own backyards) who have never heard about the saving grace of Jesus Christ and who are in desperate need of it. Which is why you and I can't be silent and wait for someone else to do it. After all, how can anyone "call on the One in whom they have not believed? And how can they believe in the One of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone to preach?" We must be the ones to preach!

So if you're still thinking that sharing the Good News is the job of a trained pastor or preacher, think again my friend. The world needs to hear it and it's our job to share it. Plain and simple. So look for opportunities to do that every thing today. It could literally save someone's life. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us that gaining salvation is the deal of a lifetime. There is nothing in this world that anyone could ever possess that will have more eternal value than accepting You as Lord. Father please remind us how important it is for us to share this Good News and give us the boldness, passion and open doors to do it. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment