Wednesday, December 23, 2020

The best Friend we could ever have

“The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost.” 1 Timothy 1:15 ESV

As I was scrolling through the many Happy Birthday posts, emails, messages and texts I received yesterday, I was totally overwhelmed with gratefulness and joy at the realization that so many people cared enough to recognize my special day—so much so that I found myself crying upon reading a great majority of them. “Wow. Fifty years of living sure has its’ perks,” I thought to myself. “I’m so extremely blessed to have acquired so many friends over the years to share this journey of life with. Friends that I run with, friends that I work with, friends that I worship with, and friends that I just love to be around. I can’t imagine not having these people in my life Lord. Thank You for all my friends. You were so good to give them to me." 

And you know, if a friend can be defined as a person who is always there for you, always wants what’s best for you, and always loves you, there could never be a better friend in the world than Jesus—something Paul completely understood when he wrote, "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost.” You see, Jesus loved mankind so much that He humbled himself as a servant, talking on human flesh, so that He could sympathize with our weakness and die in our place. He befriended sinners of all sorts, not to join them in their sin but to save them from it. Can you think of any better friend than that? Of course not. 

So this Christmas, let us remember that this season is not about the lights, the trees, the parties or the gifts. It’s about celebrating the birth of Jesus who by His birth and death paid a debt we could not pay to save sinners like you and me. Oh what a friend we have in Jesus!

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving us the greatest Gift we could ever receive. Help us to remember that this season of celebration is all about Jesus. Help us to be bold in sharing that with others that they too might come to know Jesus as their Savior and their Best Friend. It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!


It’s about the Cross - Go Fish







No comments:

Post a Comment