Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Creation proves His existence

"For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God." Romans 1:20 NLT

As the sun began to rise early yesterday morning, I was so overcome with thankfulness to be running outside again after taking some time off to cross train due to an inflamed tendon that I had to fight back tears. But as the yellows and oranges became more and more vibrant and then began to spread across the horizon, I started to cry; so hard in fact that I had to stop in my tracks. "Lord," I said with my head hung down in shame at the thought that pierced my heart. "I am so undeserving of the incalculable good things You have given me. How many times have I taken my blessings for granted? How many things like new days and new sunrises have I not thanked You for? How many times?? How many things?? I'm so sorry Lord. Please forgive me." 

And you know, quite honestly, I can't think of anything in this world that declares the majesty, sovereignty and power of God like nature. There's just something about standing on the top of a mountain and seeing for miles or running through a cool creek bottom that can cause a person to understand that there must be some higher power that controls all these things; that the beauty and the flow of creation could not have happened by mere chance. In fact, Paul agreed saying that "ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky" and "through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God." 

So let me ask you this my friend... when was the last time you marveled at God's handiwork? When was the last time you turned off the TV and turned to look at the stars instead? Or woke up early just to see the sunrise? Or patiently sat by a stream just to listen to the water flow? If it's been a while, I urge you to take a few minutes each day to get out into nature and connect with the Creator to get to know Him better. I promise you won't regret it. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us through your creation of just how small and insignificant we are. And yet You love us with a love so great that we can't even begin to fathom it. Help us to never take your blessings for granted Lord but to live in awe and thankfulness each and every day and to inspire others to do the same. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen, 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment