Sunday, December 6, 2020

Give your maximum effort

“To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.” Revelation 3:21 NIV

“What Does It Take to Run a 2-Hour Marathon?” That was the question posed by Runners World in an article published on Friday. In light of that query, researchers examined some of the world’s fastest runners to find the answer and this is some of what they said, "Elite runners can take in oxygen twice as fast at marathon pace as a 'normal' runner could while sprinting at their max effort. These physiological advantages are likely to have been optimized by genetic predisposition and long-term training.” Researchers went on to say that “Even if you never come anywhere close to that two-hour mark—an average finish for well-conditioned runners is closer to four to five hours—it’s helpful to train as if you’re in the elite category.” The takeaway from this? We can’t all be elite runners but we can and should always train like them by giving our maximum effort. Why? Because our victory lies not in winning the race but in being the best that we can be. 

And you know, when it comes to being victorious, the Bible tells us that that there is a reward for every person who tirelessly presses on and continuously gives their maximum effort to reach the finish line. Thankfully the Bible also tells us that, like the church at Laodicea, if we have been either cold or lukewarm in our training to be like Christ--compromising our beliefs, morals and values to "fit in" with the world--we can stop what we're doing this very moment, repent of our sins and complacency and still be overcomers. Not only overcomers though, we can be victors worthy of the ultimate and priceless reward of sitting with Jesus on his throne. Is that amazing or what?

So if you were to take your spiritual temperature today, what would it be? If you say anything but hot, I urge you to recommit your life to Jesus Christ right now by praying, "Lord I admit that my fire has gone out. My love for You has grown cold and I have been compromising all that I know to be Truth. Forgive me today God and reignite my passion to serve and follow You with my maximum effort.”

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us that we cannot be lukewarm in our walk and service to You but must be all in.. Please renew our desire to serve You wholeheartedly today Jesus that we might one day sit with You on the throne; a reward greater than anything we could ever imagine and so worth our maximum effort. It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

All In - Matthew West

No comments:

Post a Comment