Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Nothing takes God by surprise

"'I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to anyone else, nor share my praise with carved idols. Everything I prophesied has come true, and now I will prophesy again. I will tell you the future before it happens.'" Isaiah 42:8-9 NLT

As my family and I began to make preparations for the Thanksgiving holiday last night, I couldn't help but think about how different this year was going to be compared to the many ones before. It would only be the four of us; besides my son who drove in from Springfield, we would have no extended family coming in nor would we be traveling to visit any. The meal would be much simpler and much smaller. There would not be the multitude of friends that normally stop by throughout the day. There would be no local parades and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade would be aired live but would have no spectators lining the streets. And of course, there would be no huge turkey trots to run in. 

And while I'll admit that this unforeseeable change in tradition made me a bit sad, I smiled when I recalled that NOTHING takes God by surprise. God is not a carved idol, I reminded myself, made by man that is worshiped in vain. He is the Lord Almighty deserving of all praise! He is the Maker of heaven and earth. EVERYTHING that God "prophesied has come true" and He knows the "future before it happens" because He planned the future long before any of the things He had purposed would come to pass. In fact, He planned our future long before you and I were ever born.

So if you're like many people in the world who are feeling a little anxious this year, be encouraged! Not only did God know what your future would hold, He also knew how you would feel at this very moment in time. So trust His plan knowing that the Lord's ways are always better than ours and allow that promise to bring you comfort.  

Heavenly Father, thank You for the many blessings You have granted us over this year. And while it's been a year full of uncertainties and trials. we praise You for being faithful in the midst of it all. Thank You for being a God who is all-powerful and all-knowing. Help our hearts find peace as we trust Your plan knowing that You not only planned the future but You hold the future in Your hands. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment