Thursday, November 12, 2020

God supplies all our needs

"And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. Now all glory to God our Father forever and ever! Amen." Philippians 4:19-20 NLT

As most every runner does in the days leading up to a big race, I've been checking the forecast. And while the thought of running in the predicted rain wouldn't normally cause me to be disheartened, the thought of battling it for 100 miles to complete the BAD DAWG 2020 race I was signed up for did; so much so that I had to take it to the Lord in prayer. "Lord, I know that you have the power to change the weather with one word. And while my prayer is that You would hold back the rain until the race is over, I want to praise You now for giving me everything I need to battle the storm if that is not Your will. Thank You for the amazing rain gear I have to protect my body. Thank You for my hat that will shield my eyes and for my headlamp that will pierce the darkness. Mostly Lord, thank You for the knowledge that You are able to supply all my needs and for the peace that brings me." 

And you know, when God calls us to something, you can bet that we we will almost always experience obstacles, complications, trials and storms along the way. Thankfully though, the Bible tells us that God "will supply all" our "needs from his glorious riches..." That means, no matter how it might appear, God doesn't leave us to fend for ourselves. He provides everything you and I need to finish our assignment. There's nothing we need that our God can't provide! Which is the very reason we can declare like Paul, "Now all glory to God our Father forever and ever!"

So no matter what it is God might be calling you to do today, don't think for one moment that "this same God" who took care of Paul will not do the same for you. God can and will provide in the way that is best for you. Doesn't that just make you want to smile? It does me. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the promise that You will supply all our needs. While that might not always look like what we might imagine, help us to trust You knowing that Your ways are not ours but are always better. Thank You for being a faithful God and for withholding nothing from us that we truly need. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment