Sunday, November 25, 2018

We must be ready

"You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected." Matthew 24:44 NLT


Image result for holding lantern pic
In keeping with my usual Sunday morning routine, I rose early yesterday to read my Bible and then get in a run before heading to church. And I was so glad that I did. The temperature was perfect, the air was still, the trail was quiet, and the sun was just coming up on what appeared to be a beautiful day in the making. And no sooner had I thought to myself, "I could really get used to this," a weather alert flashed on my phone. "BE READY: huge changes this afternoon." With a drastic drop in temperature and possible snow on the way, I was really grateful for the warning. 

And while being given advance notice of a change in the weather can help us prepare for what's ahead, you and I won't have that same advance notice to prepare for Jesus' return. In fact, the Bible is very clear that no one knows when Jesus will come back only that "the Son of Man will come when least expected." What does that mean for us then? It means that you and I "must be ready all the time." 

So if you think you can live outside the will of God now and repent at the last moment, think again my friend. It could be today, it could be tomorrow. or it could be a hundred years from now but Jesus is coming back. And when He does, there will be no second chances. You and I must be ready. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that Jesus will be returning one day when we least expect it. Help us to truly grasp the enormity of this event that we might live every day as if His return were imminent and urge others to do the same. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Coming back for me - Brenton Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment