Thursday, November 1, 2018

Boast only

"As the Scriptures say, "If you want to boast, boast only about the LORD.'" 2 Corinthians 10:17 NLT


Image result for people pointing to god pic
Eight weeks ago, the group of runners I was blessed to begin coaching for a 5k training plan had a hard time finishing their first short workout. So when they completed more than half an hour of a non-stop workout last night, I was smiling as I exclaimed, "You all make me so proud! You are definitely ready for that 5k next week!" And when later that evening, I received a message from one of them, I had to smile yet again, "Not trying to brag, but I've been exceeding the weekly goals for about three weeks now. I really feel like I'm ready to run - and I mean RUN - a 5k." Knowing this man's heart and his love for the Lord, I knew that he was not bragging about his own strength but God's.

And when it come to boasting, bragging, or talking with excessive pride and self-satisfaction about our achievements, possessions, or abilities. the Bible clearly tells us that if we want to boast, we should "boast only about the Lord." Why? Because those achievements, possessions, and abilities that we might be tempted to think we gained on our own, come from God and God alone. And only He deserves the credit. 

So feel free to brag my friend. But boast only about the good things God has allowed you to achieve or acquire. And then live your life seeking the praise of the Creator rather than the praise of people. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that You alone are worthy of our praise. Help us to never keep the glory for ourselves that is due only to You. May we aspire to do great things Lord that we might glorify Your name and draw others to the foot of the Cross by our example. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

I will boast - Paul Baloche

No comments:

Post a Comment