Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Thankful

"LORD, you have examined me and you know me. You know everything I do; from far away you understand all my thoughts. You see me, whether I am working or resting; you know all my actions. Even before I speak,you already know what I will say." Psalm 139:1-4 GNT


Image result for praying at thanksgiving
During my early morning run yesterday, I passed the time by listening to my favorite Christian radio station while mentally listing all the things I had to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. God's grace and forgiveness, running, my friends and family, my church, my job, my home and new sunrises came to mind. And then these lyrics played, "I'm fully known and loved by You. You won't let go no matter what I do." Now that is something to be truly thankful for I thought. God knows everything about me... absolutely everything. But He loves me anyway. 

And you know, just as the psalmist knew, the Lord has examined each one of us and knows us intimately.  He knows everything you and I do (the good, bad, and the ugly) and perceives our deepest thoughts. He sees us when we are working as well as when we are resting and knows all our actions, even the ones done in secret. In fact, even before you and I open our mouths to speak, He knows what we will say. And yet, in spite of all our failings and shortcomings, He loves us anyway. 

So today and everyday. let us give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love, kindness and mercy - never forgetting that we are undeserving of any of it. Think of it my friend! Isn't it exciting to know that we have a God who knows everything about us and yet loves us anyway?

Heavenly Father, thank You for the many blessings You have given to all those who believe in You. We are so undeserving and yet You sent your Son to die for us that we might spend eternity with You. Oh Lord, help us to be so overcome with thankfulness that we boldly tell others about You that they too might share in the blessings. It's in Your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Known - Tauren Wells

No comments:

Post a Comment