Tuesday, November 6, 2018

A reason to smile

"I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well." Psalm 139:14 ESV


Image result for people smiling pic
While looking at all the pictures and posts from Sunday's Bass Pro Marathon, my mind drifted back to a time not so long ago. Here I was unabashedly and uninhibitedly smiling and laughing before the race, during the race and even after the race, while many years ago there was a time I was afraid to smile. You see, I had believed the devils' lies. In fact, I had believed them for as far back as I could remember-the lies that told me I was ugly, unworthy, useless and valueless. But guess what? I no longer believe those lies. 

And you know what? You don't have to believe them either. In fact, you don't have to, and should never, believe anything the devil says because there is no truth in him... absolutely none. Everything he whispers into your ear is a lie. Thankfully though, you and I can believe absolutely everything the Lord says. And He says you and I are "fearfully and wonderfully made." That means in the eyes of God, you and I are beautiful, dearly loved, and have a reason to smile every day. 

So don't buy into the devils' lies my friend. Not even for a moment. God's works are wonderful and you are one of them! "My soul knows it very well" and I hope yours' does too. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that You don't make mistakes. Help us to see ourselves as You do Lord that we might not waste another day believing words You didn't say. Thank you for being the Perfect Potter who formed us exactly as You wanted us. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

Mistakes - Melody Noel

No comments:

Post a Comment