Sunday, November 25, 2018

This is the moment

"If you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance will come to the Jewish people from another place, but you and your father's family will be destroyed. Who knows, perhaps you have come to your royal position for such a time as this.'" Esther 4:14 CSB


Image result for helping others pic
As a hospice nurse, Kimberly Blomgren knows just how fleeting and precious life is and says she runs for a number of reasons. Most importantly though, she runs to make a difference in the lives of those around her. "I run because it focuses me completely on my job...The biggest gift of this work—and there are many—is that you realize that you have this one moment on earth. It forces you to ask yourself: What is your goal? What is your dream? If I die today, did I do something good? It’s not about the stuff or the things we accumulate. While I’m running, I find myself thinking, almost meditating that This is the moment I have."

And if a moment is defined as a very brief period of time (and life is brief even if you and I live to be 100), this is the moment you and I have too. The moment where we, like Esther, can use the unique "position" God has placed us in to make a difference in this world. And while our position may not allow us to do something as profound as providing care and compassion to the dying or saving the "Jewish people" from certain death, it does give us opportunities to show the love of Jesus to at least one person - which can have eternal significance.

So whatever position you find yourself in today, won't you use it to be a blessing to someone else? Because truly, my friend, this may be the only moment you and I have.... and we don't want to waste it. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that life is very brief and that we only have a short period of time to do things for others that will have long-lasting effects. May our goal be to not waste even one moment of time serving You by serving others. May we be bold in our efforts to lead people to the foot of the Cross. 

Happy Running!!!

Follow me there - Third Day

No comments:

Post a Comment