Sunday, November 11, 2018

Use me

"I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart." Psalm 40:8


Image result for pete kostelnick picFamed ultrarunner Pete Kostelnick made headlines over the weekend when he completed a 5,384 mile run from Alaska to Florida 13 days ahead of schedule. To complete this monumental task, Pete averaged 55 miles a day for 97 days. And what he learned from the experience?  “I didn’t pick up any groundbreaking secrets to the universe on this run,” he said. “But I did learn that there’s so much more to this world beyond the routines and work that we get stuck doing every day. Get outside, get some fresh air, go for a run. That can change your life.”

Wow! And while running and stepping outside our daily ruts and routines can certainly change our lives, what can truly change your life and mine is praying this simple prayer, "Lord use me." Why? Because as Pastor Rick Warren writes, "God is looking for people to use, and if you can get usable, he will wear you out. The most dangerous prayer you can pray is this: 'Use me.'" And just how do we get usable? By simply saying, "I desire to do your will, my God" and meaning it. 

So if you really want to make a difference in this world and live a life worth remembering, allow God to use you in any way He sees fit my friend. And if you think He can't use you, think again. He can and will use anyone that is willing. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving us all unique talents and abilities. May we remember that everything we have and everything we are were given to us to be used in service to You. May each one of your followers solemnly pray, "Lord use me" and then allow themselves to be completely used by You. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Here am I - Mercyme

No comments:

Post a Comment