Sunday, November 22, 2015

Lift your eyes

"I lift up my eyes to the mountains-- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip-he who watches over you will not slumber;" Psalm 121:1-3



My friend and I were blessed to participate in the AdventureMax trail run on Saturday in Highlandville, MO. With an elevation chart that would most certainly scare away any hill haters, it was true to it's description of being, "primarily single track trail with rolling hills, sharp turns, exposed rock and breathtaking views." Those exposed rocks they boasted of could easily cause a runner to trip but were somewhat easy to look out for. In trail running though, just as in life, it's those pebbles, stumps and small things you can't see clearly that are most likely to cause you to slip up. 

While gallivanting through the unpredictable course, I clipped my foot on something "unseen" and nearly took a fall. My first reaction was to thank the Lord for keeping me upright and to continue thanking him each time he again helped me along the 13.1 mile course. Psalm 121:2,3 tells you and I that our, "help comes from the Lord," and that,"He will not let your foot slip-he who watches over you will not slumber." On the course, he was there keeping me safe. While you and I are sleeping, he watches over us. While we are going about our day, he protects us. Yes, the Maker of heaven and earth cares about you and me so much that he rescues us from the "unseen" things in life. Yet how many times do we thank him?

Did you have the ability to run even one mile today? Praise him then for health. Did you wake up in a warm home with running water? Praise him for his never ending help and provision. In all things, seen and unseen, he is there. May we praise him as we boldly declare, "My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." 

Heavenly Father, thank you for loving us so much that you would care to watch over us day and night. The world is full of things seen and unseen that could harm us yet, you have protected us from the many snares and pitfalls that we were unaware of. May we make praise and thankfulness to you the most important part of our day. Thank you Father for your protection, love and kindness. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

I lift my eyes up - Kutless

The before picture with Sherry Wilson. The windchill was about 20 degrees so didn't stand still for many pictures. Was a truly blessed day for sharing the Message and giving praise to our Savior.

The glorious elevation chart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment