Monday, November 2, 2015

Be an imitator

"Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children. Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God." Ephesians 5:1-2



While running a race last weekend, there were many runners in front of me. As I followed one group for a while, I recognized one of my friends. He was quite a ways in the distance but I knew it was him. You see I had run with him enough times that I recognized his unique gait and running style. Not that I needed any reassurance but, as I approached him, I glanced at his face. Yep, that was my friend and we both enjoyed a good laugh as I admitted I'd been trying to catch up with him for a mile.

And when it comes to recognition, the bible tells us that, for others to recognize us as followers, we are to imitate God in everything we do. To follow that perfect example then would be to model the behavior of Christ, adopting his ways, speech, and love for others.

So whether we are at our workplace, in our homes or on the racecourse, can people recognize Christ by the way you and I are walking and living our lives? If not, it's time to get to know Jesus better through prayer and spending time in the Word. After all, the more you know someone the better able you are to imitate them.  

Heavenly Father, thank you for sending your son, Jesus. as an example of how we should be living our lives. Thank you for the gift of the Holy Spirit that directs and guides us in your ways. May we relentessly pursue the goal of being so much like Christ that others would be drawn to you by the way we love them and live our lives. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

I will move - Chris Tomlin



No comments:

Post a Comment