Thursday, November 19, 2015

Are you flexible?


"To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings." I Corinthians 9:22-23




On the way home from another session with the Chiropractor Wednesday, I drove past a sign on a church marquee that read, "Blessed are the flexible for they will not get bent out of shape." This really resonated with me as the doctor had just told me that, while my flexibility was good for an "average" person, it was not the flexibility that I needed to have as a runner. Now I wondered if inflexibility in any other area of my life was keeping me "average" as well. Not that average is bad, but I want to be more than that... more like Paul, who was far from "average".

Paul's main goal was to share the Gospel and he knew, to do it effectively, he needed to establish a common ground with those he was speaking to. He said, "I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means, I might save some." I imagine if he were speaking to a group of graduates, he would do it much differently than if speaking to a group of prisoners, don't you think? He was flexible in adapting to any situation or person without getting bent out of shape at having to change his tactics. While not ever compromising his beliefs or the Gospel, he would communicate to a person as he or she would understand it best.

Paul knew that not everyone would welcome the Message in the same way. I wonder if we were all as flexible, how much more effective we would be at reaching the lost?

Heavenly Father, thank you for the wonderful example of how to most effectively reach the lost. Might we all strive to be more than "average" at this. May we look for ways to share the Message to each person on an individual basis. Give us the words and the common ground to win souls Lord. Light a fire in us Lord to see the urgency of doing this. It's in your precious name we pray, Amen. 

Happy Running!!!
www.team413.org


Hands and feet - Audio Adrenaline

No comments:

Post a Comment