Monday, July 28, 2014

Live for today

Live for today


"Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone." Colossians 4:5-6


Make the most of every opportunity.  You've probably heard that one a time or two.  While we sometimes take our lives for granted, would that sentence take on new meaning if you were told you only had three weeks to live?  Or just been diagnosed with a disease that would eventually rob you of your ability to do the simplest of tasks?  I thought about this all day yesterday after hearing the news from a friend of her recent diagnosis.  And, just last week, learning of another friend being diagnosed with cancer.  It's one more reminder of how life can change instantly.  Proverbs 27:1 says, "Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.".  While it is certainly true that we don't know what tomorrow will bring, we do have today.  And today, you have a choice.  You can live for yourself or you can live for Christ.

What does it mean to live for Christ?  Galatians 2:20 describes it this way, "My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."  Living for Christ simply means saying, "Lord I give you my life.  I give you every part of me.  Use me.  I will go where you lead me and I will love others as You love me.  I will live for You today and every day and make the most of every opportunity You have given me to share the gospel."  That's it.  


I don't know what you're going through today or what hurdles you are facing.  What I do know is that God can and will use you where you are with what you have-TODAY.  You simply have to be willing to live for Him.  We don't know what tomorrow will bring or even if we will have a new sunrise so make the most of today and every opportunity.  

Heavenly Father, thank you for this day and the many blessings you have given us.  We know that today is a gift and we should spend it being thankful and helping others.  May we love like there's no tomorrow and live like we only have today.  In Your precious name we pray Jesus, Amen.

Happy running!!!

You told me not to worry about what lies ahead, so I am gonna focus on today instead....
Making every moment count and counting every single blessing-Natalie Grant





No comments:

Post a Comment