Thursday, March 6, 2014

God's timing

God's timing

"As for God, his way is perfect:  The LORD'S law is flawless; he shields all those who take refuge in Him."  Psalms 18:30


All God's ways are perfect.  I know this.  I believe this with all my heart. So, why do I keep questioning His timing?  As I'm continuing to train for this race, I am fully aware of something else.  I am not ready.  I don't feel I even have time to get ready... I am not properly trained and I don't even know if my injury is completely healed.  So, I ask God, why?   Why now?  From a human perspective, this seems like a logical question, doesn't it?  I mean, how can you run 100 miles if you didn't get the training runs in "you" felt were necessary (there's the self interfering again).

Well, God doesn't need me to tell Him about my progress.  In fact, I have come to the realization that the less likely chance I have of completing this race, the greater chance His strength will shine through when the race is through.  Questioning God's timing, in this case, is a screaming plea for guidance or maybe even deliverance from the situation.  I need you now God!!  I can't wait to hear from you, I find myself saying.  Psalm 32:10 says "the LORD'S unfailing love surrounds the one who trusts in Him."  Trust?  Yes, Lord, I can do that.  I will trust You.  "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11.  I can't promise to not question you  Lord.  I'm weak, I know that.  But I will trust You.   I trust you to "carry me" and give me strength when I can no longer continue.    

You too might be questioning God's timing in your life? Why is this happening now?  Lord, I'm not ready for this!  Why now? Why here? Why me?

I don't know what the future holds.  I don't even know what tomorrow has in store.  None of us do.  But, I am certain that God's timing is perfect, just as all God's ways are perfect.  He's never early and He's never late.   From before we were born and until we breathe our last breath, He is working through us.   He wasis, and always will be in complete control.    Does this mean we just blindly trust and let God do it all?  Of course not.  It means, we do our absolute best, trusting God's plan along the way.  And, then, when we have done all we can, He will do all we can't.  

Jesus promised  "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  And Psalms 18:30 says,"he shields all those who take refuge in Him."  Hold on to that promise of grace and take refuge in the One who promises to shelter us.  His ways are perfect and His law is flawless.  

Heavenly Father, thank you for this time in our lives You have given us to serve you.  Help us to remember that you are with us and have planned our steps even before we were born.  May we boldly do the work You have called us to regardless of the pain,hardship or suffering.  Help us through the times we question why.   In your precious name Jesus, Amen.  

Happy running!!!

Here's a must have for your playlist.



Members of TEAM 413 – GRACERUNNER MINISTRIES, INC. are raising funds to provide free Ultrasounds to women experiencing un-planned or crisis pregnancies in Pulaski County by completing the 100 mile Prairie Spirit Trail 100 & 50 Mile Ultra Races on Saturday, March 29, 2014 in Ottawa Kansas. Melissa and her teammates will endeavor to complete the 100-mile Ultra Race along the Prairie Spirit Trail within the 30 hour cutoff time.
Please support them.
Sponsor Team 413 at
gracerunner413.blogspot.com
or call 573-433-6684 or 573-774-4992. All money raised will go towards training volunteer technicians and ultrasound maintenance at the Free Women’s Center.
The Free Women’s Center empowers as many individuals as possible to make healthy life choices consistent with the intrinsic value of human life. The Center offers free and confidential pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, prenatal education, and financial & material assistance. Learn more at www.supportmyfwc.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment