Sunday, September 12, 2021

He is the Fixer of all problems

"And they were saying to one another, “Who will roll away the stone for us from the entrance of the tomb?” And looking up, they saw that the stone had been rolled back—it was very large." Mark 16:3-4 ESV


Like many other proud American runners around our great nation, I set out early Saturday morning to log 9.11 miles in honor of the nearly 3,000 people who lost their lives on the morning of 9/11/01 when 19 terrorists from the Islamist extreme group al Qaeda hijacked four commercial aircraft and used them to crash into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. So with my large flag in tow, I decided to run a route where Old Glory could be seen and appreciated. And if you've ever carried a sizeable American flag while running, you know that you have to pay careful attention to make sure it never touches the ground... something I was finding a bit hard to do when the ponytail holder fell out of my braid three miles into the run. With my tresses flying in my face, I silently prayed, "Lord, I really really need a hair tie to keep the hair out of my eyes." And guess what? The Lord not only heard my prayer but answered it. Immediately after bringing my seemingly small problem to God, I slowed down to a walk and looked down. There, in the middle of a remote gravel side road, was a hair tie that was good as new after I picked it up and brushed off a little dirt. Smiling as I fought back tears, I solemnly said, "Thank you Lord. Thank You."

And you know, I couldn't help but grin when I realized that God had (once again) provided a solution to one of my problems before I knew I would even have the problem. Is that amazing or what? And if you think that God can only work out the small difficulties in our lives, consider the story that the women who went to anoint Jesus’ body after He had been crucified and laid in the tomb might have told. As they approached it, they realized they would have a problem, "Who will roll away the stone for us from the entrance of the tomb?" they said to one another. But guess what? Their problem had already been solved. The stone that was described as "very large" had already been rolled back. They just had to look up to see it. You can just bet that caused them to smile right?

So whether your problem is seemingly small or "very large" today, look up my friend. Look up to the One who knows what you need before you need it and then trust Him to work it out. He is so very good like that. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for caring about the seemingly small problems we have and also about the ones that are very large. Lord, please cause us to remember that there is nothing You can't do and that there is no worry, difficulty, dilemma, trouble, or mess that you can't fix. You are the Fixer of all things and You are good. Thank You for the simple reminders You give us each and every day of that fact. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment