Monday, September 13, 2021

Not ashamed

“I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, first to the Jew, then to the Greek.” Romans 1:16 BSB


“Hello!” my friend Christina messaged me yesterday morning. “I was reaching out because I am wanting to buy a running pack like what you wear but there are so many choices out there and can’t decide! I want to wear it for running but worry about chafing and comfort. Which one do you use and why?” “So glad you asked!!!” I responded. “Since these things are super expensive, having a personal testimony really helps. The link is below. I have several vests but this is my favorite. I actually bought it on the basis of a testimony from one of my close ultrarunning friends and was super happy with it.” And after listing a few more reasons of “why” I would highly recommend this particular hydration vest to her, I had to smile. Why? Because while I have influenced many runners to buy certain shoes, clothes, vests, or food (just as many runners have influenced me) by my shameless plugs and testimonies over the years, I have never ever been ashamed to share the gospel... something that I am confident has inspired many people to accept Jesus as their Savior.

And you know, as this story shows, our personal testimonies have the power to influence another person's decision to do something, something even as big as accepting Christ. Which is the very reason Paul declared that he was "not ashamed of the gospel” and unashamedly shared his testimony everywhere he went. You see, unlike many Christians today, Paul was bold in his witness—bold both because he had seen the “power of God” in his own life and, therefore, had a personal story of how it took him from being a sinner destined for death to being a sinner saved by grace and because he knew that only those who believed in Him would have this same salvation that came from hearing and believing in the gospel. And how can they hear unless someone tells them right? Paul lived to tell them!

So, like Paul, be bold in sharing the Good News with others today my friend. Be completely unashamed in telling them the reason why you chose to follow Jesus and why they should too. Your personal testimony could very well save their lives. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us that if we are to impact a world for You, we must be willing to step out of our comfort zones to openly and without guilt or embarrassment share the gospel with a dogged determination like Paul’s. Compel us to do this Lord. It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment