Thursday, March 11, 2021

Withdraw often

“So He Himself often withdrew into the wilderness and prayed.” Luke 5:16 NASB



"I don’t want to miss one word you speak, quiet my heart I'm listening," were the lyrics of the song flowing into my earbuds earlier this week as I struggled to listen amidst the sound of the wind. It was actually blowing so hard that I withdrew from the trail I was running on and headed in the opposite direction. And while I could still hear the sound of the wind after turning around, it was now muted enough to be able to hear the words as I silently prayed over the lesson the wind and the song revealed. “Lord, forgive me for the many times I’ve let the world drown out Your voice; for the many times I failed to withdraw from the noise to pray. Thank You for the blessings of early mornings and quiet country roads where I can come and meet with You. Compel me to seek this time with You above all else.” 

And you know, while Jesus walked as a man on this earth, He was pulled in many different directions. People wanted to hear Him teach, they wanted to be fed, and they wanted to be healed. In fact, knowing that His time was limited, you can be sure that Jesus made the most of every moment... but never at the expense of forsaking His time with the Father. The Bible actually tells us that Jesus “often withdrew into the wilderness and prayed.” And if Jesus placed such a high priority on spending time alone with the Father, then we should too. 

So be sure to withdraw often to a quiet place to spend time with the Father my friend. Say to Him, "Lord I don’t want to miss one word You speak, because everything You say is life to me. I don’t want to miss one word You speak, quiet my heart I’m listening...” and then truly listen to Him. You’ll be so glad you did. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing us to personally come to You with our cares, concerns and questions. Help us to come often with thanksgiving in our hearts, praise on our lips and ears that long to hear what You have to say. May being in Your presence be our greatest desire. It’s in Your precious Name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment