Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Be strong and immovable

"So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless." 1 Corinthians 15:58 NIV


Image result for standing runner pic
As I consistently and repeatedly looked down at my Garmin watch to ensure I was on track to get the runners in my group to the finish line in the 4:45 time (4 hours, 45 minutes) listed on my pace stick, one of the runners looked at me suspiciously. "I have to keep on top of this every moment," I said. "It's so much easier to speed up to make up for lost time or slow down if we're going too fast if I can tell exactly when it's happening." At this explanation the runner smiled, seemingly thankful that she could place her trust in me. 

And you know, I truly take the job of pacing seriously because I know the runners 'in my care' are counting on me to "be strong and immovable" in my pursuit to lead them. And while others might see this mission as foolish or totally unrelated to furthering the Kingdom, the Bible tells us that nothing you and I "do for the Lord is ever useless." And for that reason, we should "work enthusiastically" for Him wherever He has placed us, showing His love to others through our genuine love for them. You see, not only could those runners count on me to get them to the finish line on time, they could count on me to talk about my Savior along the way and the many reasons they should choose to follow Him. 

So "dear brothers and sisters," wherever God has placed you today, whether it be pacing a group of runners, leading a small Bible-study group, teaching a Yoga class or even ringing up customers at a convenience store, be fixed on the mission of sharing Christ with others through your "work" knowing that God can and will use you where you are to lead others to the foot of the Cross. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for being able to use us where we are and as we are. Lord, help us to steadfast and immovable in our mission to spread the Gospel that we would allow You to use us completely-in every aspect of our lives from our homes to our jobs and to our hobbies. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Tell Somebody - Danny Gokey

No comments:

Post a Comment