Sunday, November 24, 2019

My Redeemer lives

"I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth." Job 19:25 NIV


Image result for person praising god pic
With only a mile left to go on my early morning run before church yesterday, I was deep in worship when my foot nicked the tip of a rock embedded into the gravel and I came tumbling down so hard and quick that it knocked the wind out of me. With my knees throbbing, hands hurting and my elbow scraped up, I laid there on the cold, hard ground trying to process what had just happened. I mean, one second I was fine and the next I was wondering whether I would be able to get back up. Thankfully though, I was able to gradually rise to my feet and walk off much of the pain before resuming a slow run back home - smiling as I did so while continuing to praise Him with every step. 

And you know, when it comes to being knocked down, most of us can recall a situation that changed our life in a moment. Perhaps it was the death of a loved one, an unexpected job loss or even a dismal diagnosis from a doctor. Job certainly understood all this. His life was seemingly picture-perfect until it all changed in an instant. You see, in a matter of minutes, Job lost his wealth, his servants and his children. But through each life-changing trial and even when Job was smitten with painful boils all over his body, he continued to praise God. Why? Because Job knew there was a better time coming because he knew that his “Redeemer lives." 

So if you've recently been sidelined by a situation or prognosis that has left you breathless, scared, confused or ready to give up hope, remember the words of Job my friend! Our Redeemer indeed lives! And He will one day take us home where there will be no more pain, no more tears and no more worries. And for that, we have cause to praise Him in all circumstances. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that our suffering is never in vain no matter how it may appear. Help us to look past our present troubles and look to the Cross that we would not lose hope or give up. Strengthen us today Lord and renew our spirits with the knowledge that our Redeemer indeed lives. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment