Wednesday, November 13, 2019

The Lord directs our steps

"The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives." Psalm 37:23 NLT


Related image
"Amber, is that you?" I called out as I approached a person walking with a slight limp on the course of the trail run I was participating in on Sunday. As the person turned around, I saw that it was indeed my friend, Amber, and I was instantly overcome with the knowledge of how our chances of intersecting at this point in the race were nothing short of miraculous. "What does she need Lord?" became my quick prayer that was soon answered. "Oh Melissa," she said through tears. "I rolled my ankle and I'm really in a lot of pain. Will you please pray for me?" "Of course," I said quickly as I wrapped my arm around her. "Let's pray right now. Heavenly Father...." 

And you know, if you've ever been up and down the many miles of meandering ‘hills’ and valleys at the Dogwood Canyon Park in Lampe, MO, you’d know that a meeting such as this is nothing short of supernatural. But thankfully, as the psalmist knew, "the Lord directs the steps of the godly." That means when you and I surrender to His will, He will lead us to those people and places where He can use us. And you can be sure that, as Amber can attest to, the Lord "delights in every detail" of our lives by personally sending other believers to comfort us when we need it. 

So I don't know about you my friend, but that thought makes me smile. I mean thinking how the Creator of the universe loves His children so much that He would arrange divine appointments such as this should make us all grin from ear to ear, don’t you agree?

Heavenly Father, thank You for arranging this divine appointment that gave Amber the hope and strength to make it to the finish line. Help us to go where you send us Lord and to speak when you inspire us to do so. May our steps lead us to the places where you can use us to witness to the lost and encourage our brothers and sisters. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment