Sunday, July 14, 2019

Sing of His goodness wherever you are

"A maskil of Ethan the Ezrahite. I will sing of the LORD's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations." Psalm 89:1 NIV

Image result for sing out loud pic


Since I rarely watch TV, I totally missed last month's exciting live stream action of the Flying Wallendas crossing Times Square in New York City on a high wire between skyscrapers, 25 stories above the pavement - only hearing about it through my favorite radio station as I listened on my morning run before church Sunday. Wow! And I thought running ultra-marathons was a crazy thing to do! But as I later followed up on the story, I realized that, although Lijana Wallenda and I have two very different passions people might call crazy, we both love and serve the same mighty God and share a passion for telling the world about it. In fact, Lijana could be heard singing praise hymns as she carefully made her way across the chasm as millions of viewers watched. Oh, can you just imagine the many people that might have chosen to follow the Lord because of it? 

And you know, as believers, we should all share the same passion to tell others about the goodness of God. In fact, you and I should love Him so much that we can't help but sing His praises wherever we are as we publicly proclaim, "I will sing of the LORD's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations." And you can be sure that when you are totally unashamed of the Gospel, God will give you unique opportunities to sing of His love to the lost, just as He did for Lijana and does for me. 

So choose today what you will do my friend. Will you be bold in proclaiming the goodness of God so that others might be drawn to experience it as well? Or will you save those praises for Sunday morning church? Your answer to that question could very well determine someone's eternal resting place so choose carefully. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the examples of bold Christians that You give us to follow. Help us to love You so much that we would be unable to keep from telling someone. Help us to sing your praises each time the Spirit prompts us. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment