Sunday, July 21, 2019

Just tell what He has done

"In that day you will say: "Give praise to the LORD, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted." Isaiah 12:4 NIV


Image result for runners talking pic

As I was getting coffee after Church Sunday, I ran into the older husband of a lady I used to work with years ago. "Well hi there!" I said smiling. "I haven’t seen you in forever. How have you been?" And after quickly catching up, he asked the question I inevitably get from anyone who hasn't seen me in a while, "Are you still running?" Now smiling even bigger, I responded "Of course! More than ever actually." "I don't know how you do it," he replied (realizing we have all advanced in years). Here's my opportunity I immediately thought and jumped at the chance to speak. "It's quite simple really, it's all God. He continues to give me the ability,” and then added, “so you know I will be doing it as long as He will allow it.” Taking a moment to comprehend and digest that bold declaration of praise right inside a Casey's store, he grinned and said, "Well, isn't that something?" 

And you know, it truly is something to consider that the very same God who made the stars, the moon, the sun and everything else in creation is the very same God who gave me the ability and passion to run and gives each one of us unique strengths, passions and abilities as well. And while each one of us has different talents and skills, we all have the same reason to "give praise to the Lord" and "proclaim his name." In fact, the Great Commission commands us to make Him known among the nations - and that starts where we are by simply telling others about "what he has done" for us... every chance we get. 

So take time to consider "what he has done" for you today my friend and then be bold in seeking opportunities to share it with others. After all, your testimony could be the very thing that leads someone to Christ. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that our job as Christians is to heed the command to go and make disciples of all nations starting right where we are now. Give us a boldness to share the things You have done for us with others that they might seek You too. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment