Saturday, July 6, 2019

Just tell them what He has done for you

"They asked, “Who healed you? What happened? ”He told them, “The man they call Jesus made mud and spread it over my eyes and told me, ‘Go to the pool of Siloam and wash yourself.’ So I went and washed, and now I can see!'" John 9:10,11 NLT

Image result for people talking pic

It was hard for me to believe that I had been out of high school for so long, but there I was Saturday at my 30th high school reunion talking to an old friend and her husband when the conversation turned to his fairly recent diagnosis of Sarcoidosis. "I am so sorry," I said to him. "Aren't you glad that our suffering is only temporary and that we get new bodies in heaven?” "Oh yes," he said and then added, "It sure is easy to talk about this stuff with fellow believers isn't it?" And after agreeing, my friend looked intently at me and said, "You know, we should talk to more people about Jesus and tell them this. We really should." 

And you know what?  I couldn't agree more. As a matter of fact, talking to people about Jesus is our main job as Christians. After all, how will the lost and hurting ever come to know Christ if they never hear about Him? And if the thought of sharing the Gospel with complete strangers terrifies you, consider how easy it really is. You simply, like the blind beggar that was healed, need to tell them what Jesus has done for you. It's as easy as that. In two short sentences, the blind man told the people around him everything they needed to know to seek out the Savior. He said, "The man they call Jesus made mud and spread it over my eyes and told me, ‘Go to the pool of Siloam and wash yourself.’ So I went and washed, and now I can see!" In other words, the blind man said,”This Jesus changed my life and He can change yours’ too.”

So I ask you my friend, what has Jesus done for you? And what's keeping you from telling someone else? I don't know about you but I can't keep quiet about the many things Jesus has done for me... and neither should you. His many blessings are' just too good not to share!

Heavenly Father, thank You for the many blessings You personally bestow upon those that choose to follow You. Not only do You take away the penalty for our sins but offer eternal life to us instead. Oh Lord, help us to be bold in sharing our personal testimonies so that others might come to know You because of it. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment