Monday, August 13, 2018

What if

"I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people--" 1 Timothy 2:1 NIV


Related image
As I glanced into my rear view mirror, my first thought was, "What kind of maniac is in this much of a hurry at 6:30 am on a Saturday morning?" I was anxious to get to my early morning group run but not enough to tailgate someone else so dangerously close. What was this drivers problem anyway? I wondered. But then the realization hit me. What if this driver was on her way to visit a sick child in the hospital? What if she had just gotten news that her mother was dying? What if? What if I stopped berating her and prayed for her instead? And that's exactly what I did.

And you know what? Although God is all powerful and all knowing, He many times will put us in the right place at the right time to make "intercession" for others. And not just for fellow believers my friend but "for all people."  But we certainly can't pray for others if we're busy judging them, can we? 

So the next time you and I are tempted to judge someone's behavior, why don't we stop and pray for them instead? After all, what if one day it is you and I that need those "petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving" that God urges us to make for all people? 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that there are many hurt and broken people in this world that need the prayers of believers. Help us to be so sensitive to the Holy Spirit's nudging that we would not miss even one opportunity to lift someone up to You. It's in your precious name we pray  Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

When we pray - Tauren Wells

No comments:

Post a Comment