Monday, August 27, 2018

Go and tell them

"And then he told them, "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone." Mark 16:15 NLT


Image result for people witnessing picLast week as I was driving home from work, I realized that my favorite Christian radio station was off the air. "Hmmmm..." I thought, "perhaps I should tell them?" No, I quickly decided, someone else surely has or will and it will be back on in time for my early morning run. Well guess what? "Someone else" didn't call and, because of my unwillingness to speak up, not only did I miss out on hearing my favorite DJ's, a lost person scanning through the dial might have missed the opportunity to hear about Jesus and His saving grace. Feeling the guilt, I immediately informed them and the station was back up within hours.

Sadly though, if you and I are honest, how many times have we kept quiet assuming, or even being relieved that, "someone else" would tell the lost about Christ? Well guess what? Waiting for someone else to share the Good News is not what Jesus called his followers to do. In fact, He clearly told the disciples, "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone." That means you and that means me! And if go means to travel or move in order to engage in a specified activity, that is a direct order for each one of us to go wherever we are called for the specific intent of sharing the Gospel. 

So if you're waiting for "someone else" to go and tell your lost neighbor, friend or coworker about the Lord, don't wait my friend. Get moving today and preach the Good News to them and then to everyone else you see.

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that every missed opportunity for someone to hear the Gospel is a missed opportunity for them to come to the foot of the Cross and be saved. Help us to truly grasp that so we would be willing to go into all the world and preach the Good News as you have commanded us. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Good News - Mandisa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzcvUvCmVZ4

No comments:

Post a Comment