Monday, August 6, 2018

Be the best every day

"'Now, as you can see, the LORD has kept me alive and well as he promised for all these forty-five years since Moses made this promise—even while Israel wandered in the wilderness. Today I am eighty-five years old. I am as strong now as I was when Moses sent me on that journey, and I can still travel and fight as well as I could then." Joshua 14:10,11 NLT


Image result for jeanne daprano
At the of 81, Jeanne Daprano, once known as the "running teacher" for inspiring her students to get fit, is still pushing her body to the limit, running competitive races, breaking world records and taking on new challenges? Why? Daprano said, "The feeling of being fit at any age is a real gift, a blessing.When I get to the final finish line, here on Earth, I want this body to be worn out, there's not a thing left in it. I'm not doing this to live to be 100. I'm doing this to be the best I can be, today. Period."

And while getting fit at any age can most certainly add years to our lives, a life-time of good habits can add life to our years. How? Think of it this way. If you and I exercise, eat well and treat our bodies as God calls us to, we will not only live to serve the Lord longer but be able to serve Him better. Consider Caleb, a faithful follower of God, who served the Lord over his lifetime and in his old age could still declare, "Today I am eighty-five years old. I am as strong now as I was when Moses sent me on that journey, and I can still travel and fight as well as I could then." 

So may you and I strive to be the best we can be, today and everyday, that we might serve the Lord and others to the greatest of our ability. And may our goal be to give all we have in this lifetime that we have nothing left to give when we get to the final finish line. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that we are to keep our bodies fit that we might be able to serve you to the best of our abilities all the days of our lives. May we treat our bodies as you have called us to, as temples built to bring You glory and inspire others to do the same. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Til the day I die - Toby Mac

No comments:

Post a Comment