Wednesday, August 15, 2018

I am blessed

"'But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him." Jeremiah 17:7,8 NIV

Image result for blessed person
As I was running through the park very early last Saturday morning, I looked up in time to see an elderly woman out exercising with the use of a walker. As I watched her seemingly struggle a bit to take each step, I smiled and called out as I approached her, "Good morning. And how are you today?" To which she smiled back, broadly and with eyes full of joy, and simply said, "Blessed." Oh my, I thought, shouldn't that be the immediate response of every believer? And not only when things are going well, when our health is good and our bank accounts are full, but at all times? Of course it is. 

And why can we, as believers, profess to be blessed at all times? Because "the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him" is "blessed" and has no need to worry about the present or the future no matter how it may appear. This woman, in the midst of her failing health and aging body, could without a doubt declare she was "blessed" because she trusts, or firmly believes, that God has the power to fulfill his promises, and has confidence, or unwavering certainty, that God will fulfill his promises. And God has promised her and us that, upon our final breath, we will spend eternity with Him. 

So if someone were to ask you that same question today, how would you respond? If you, like me, have placed your trust in Jesus Christ my friend, you too can smile and say, "I am blessed." 

Heavenly Father, thank You for your promises that are always true. We are truly blessed to live our days with the confidence that You are who You say You are. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Blessed - Rachel Lampa

No comments:

Post a Comment