Tuesday, August 14, 2018

His perfect timing

"The eyes of all look to you in hope; you give them their food as they need it.” Psalm 145:15 NLT


Image result for runner at sunrise picSensing the need to transition from my part-time job to a full-time one that offered benefits, I prayed, "Lord, please give me the right job at the right time - a job with hours that will allow me to still run in the morning and continue doing all the things I feel You calling me to." And while the perfect job most certainly came along many months later (praise God), I couldn't imagine any worse timing. Along with increased hours, I had a son getting ready to leave for the National Guard, my daughter needed me more than ever and my husband took a job working out of town. But you know what? As I headed out for my early morning run yesterday and noticed that the sun was rising later and later, I smiled BIG. God's timing was perfect after all! In the seven weeks since I had started,  I realized that there had not been even one morning with inclement weather and He picked a time where I could adjust to my new routine and this new season of life before I had to adjust to changing running conditions as well.  

Isn't it humbling to think that the Creator of the universe would love us so much that He would provide  exactly what we need exactly when we need it? David certainly thought so saying, "The eyes of all look to you in hope; you give them their food as they need it.” In other words, our Father's timing is absolutely perfect. And that knowledge should give us the hope to keep looking up to Him even when we don't understand it. 

So may you and I confidently declare today that even if we don't understand life's timetable, we have faith that God does. And for that we can sing, "I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You." 

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving each one of us as if there were only one of us. Thank you for providing for our needs Lord and thank You for your perfect timing. May we hold fast to your promises and trust in You today. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Trust in You - Lauren Daigle

No comments:

Post a Comment