Sunday, August 5, 2018

Never too late

"'Even now,” declares the Lord, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.” Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity." Joel 2:12,13 NIV


Image result for person praying
"Are you ever going to stop running?" shouted out the mailman assigned to my route as I ran past the gas station where he was filling up his mail truck very early Thursday morning. Turning around to see who was yelling, I saw him laughing, so I smiled big and shouted back, "No way! And it's not too late for you to join me you know!" To which he laughed even harder, made a motion to show his expanded waist and replied, "I obviously haven't run since high school. My running days are over. Go run a few miles for me." 

And you know, as I continued on my way, I was reminded that it really isn't too late for him, or anyone, to start exercising. Just as it's never too late for him, or anyone else, to turn back to the Lord. It's true. God has extended an invitation to all of his children who may have wandered from the faith saying, "Even now... return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning." You see, our Father, who is "gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love" wants us to know, no matter how far anyone may have turned from Him, it's never too late to turn back. 

Perhaps you're that person today who has let life and time gradually pull you away from your relationship with the Lord? Well I have good news my friend. While you’re still breathing, it is truly never too late to turn back to Jesus. Won't you do it today?

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that You welcome your children home no matter how long they have strayed away. Father I pray that if there's someone reading this today that needs to return to You, that they would not waste another second in doing so. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No turning back - Brandon Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment