Tuesday, August 7, 2018

You will not be alone

"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." Psalm 139:7-10


Image result for man on mountain
Sitting in the parking lot in front of the recruiters' office early yesterday morning, neither of us said a word-afraid if we did that one of us might break down. Watching my son leave for basic training, which he would be doing within the hour, for the National Guard was proving to be one of the hardest things I would ever do. So as I sat there in the stillness, silently praying that God would still my anxious heart and hold back the tears that threatened to flow uncontrollably, I heard God’s voice, "He will not be alone Melissa. I am going with him." As I then smiled and reached out my hand to embrace my son's shoulder, I confidently said, "You won't be alone." 

And you know, no matter where you and I may go, or where God may lead our children, we can find comfort knowing that there's absolutely no place we can travel that the Lord can't and won't follow. David knew that full well saying, "If I go up to the heavens you are there; if I make my bed in the depths you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me." I don't know about you my friend, but that thought gives me amazing peace. 

Perhaps you have a child starting school, going away to college, leaving home or going into the military today as well? If so, I pray that you too will find peace knowing that they won't be going alone. God never leaves our side nor will He ever leave theirs'. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reassurance that there's no place on this earth that we can go that your right hand will not hold us fast. May that thought bring us the peace that surpasses all understanding today Lord and in the days and months to follow. Help us to fully trust in this promise Lord that we might let go of all worry and trust that You will guard our children. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Psalm 139 - Mercy

No comments:

Post a Comment