Thursday, August 16, 2018

No excuses

"But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord." Jeremiah 1:7,8 NIV


Image result for runner running hills picWhen 'Gene' asked the experts at Runners World how he could train for hills to become a better trail runner when he lived at sea level where it was flat, he was told, "While you may not be able to replicate the exact vertical gain of these races, you can mimic the intensity to simulate it. Our bodies perceive exertion based on things like heart rate and breathing rate, so whether it’s a run that is straight uphill or a fast track workout, we can simulate that hard effort." So if 'Gene' truly wants to become better at climbing trails, he now knows how and has no excuses. 

And you know, many people struggle when faced with new challenges and look for excuses to sidestep them. Jeremiah certainly did. When he was called away from his comfortable life to live the life of a prophet, he offered the Lord an excuse as to why he couldn't possibly complete this new challenge. To which the Lord countered, "'Do not say, 'I am too young.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you." He was telling Jeremiah (and us) that there would no excuse for not following Him because Jeremiah was equipped to do the job. And not only was he qualified to complete the task assigned, God himself would be with him. 

And you know, the same is still true today. If God has called you and me to do something, you can be sure that He has already equipped us well in advance. And you know what that means? It means that you and I have no excuse for not rising to the challenge my friend. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for reminding us that we can do anything You have called us to. Rather than making excuses, help us to believe that You have equipped us to fulfill our calling and press onward no matter the obstacles in our path. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Lauren Daigle - You Say

No comments:

Post a Comment