Thursday, August 6, 2015

Complete your outfit

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." Colossians 3:12-13


The night before a race, you have it all laid out... your shoes, socks, shorts (or skirt) and shirt. Ready to go right? Not quite.To enter the race, you'll need one more thing.. your bib. Your bib ties it all together. It shows the world who you are and why you are there.You're just not complete without it. The bible tells us something about how we should dress every day as well-instructing us to clothe ourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience and forgiveness.

But there's more. Colossians 3:14 says, "And over all these virtues put on love which binds them all together in perfect unity." Our outfits are just not complete without love. It shows the world who we are, what we stand for and holds everything else in place. Even if each one of us could perfectly practice compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience and forgiveness, we are nothing without love.

So, "If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don’t love, I’m nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. If I speak God’s Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, “Jump,” and it jumps, but I don’t love, I’m nothing. If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don’t love, I’ve gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love." (1 Corinthians 13:1-7) May we today and every day, remember that love is truly the tie that binds us together. We simply are not complete without it.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the love you have shown to us that, while we were still sinners, you sent your son to die on a cross to forgive us of our sins. If you were so loving to us, may we show that same love to others knowing we are all sinners in need of grace. May we run the race with the intent of bringing that love to the lost that they too might have salvation and eternal life. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

www.team413.org

Proof of your love - King and Country

No comments:

Post a Comment