Tuesday, August 25, 2015

But now...

"Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear. But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you,so that he will not hear." Isaiah 59:1-2


If I had a nickel for every time I heard someone tell me, "I used to run but now....", let's just say that I'd have way more than a dollar. In fact, I've heard it so many times, I anticipate it. The reasons for stopping vary as do the reasons I have also heard people say, "I used to be on fire for Christ but now..." However that sentence ends, one thing is certain, it is always due to sin.

The bible tells us clearly that our sins are what separates us from God. Our sin is what puts out the fire that once blazed hot and it's our sins that will keep us from rekindling the flame. Acts 3:19 clearly tells us that the way to renew our relationship with Christ is to, "Repent, then, and turn back, so that your sins may be wiped away,"

Today is the day that "but now" becomes I was once lost but now I'm found. I was once a sinner in need of grace but now I'm a sinner saved by grace. I was once separated from God but now I'm a fool for Christ. I once let the fire burn out but now I choose to repent, turn back and let my sins be wiped away. But now, this day, I choose to follow Christ forevermore. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for wiping away our sins if we would just repent and turn back. Lord, help us to make a fresh start today intent on letting our lights shine for all the world to see. May we be so grateful for the gift of forgiveness that we praise your name with all we have. May we be on fire once again for you Lord. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Light the fire in my heart again

No comments:

Post a Comment