Saturday, May 31, 2014

Are your feet beautiful?

Are your feet beautiful?

"And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"".  Romans 10:15

Have you ever thought to specifically thank God for your feet?  For the ability to walk, stand, dance and run?  All because you have feet?  Honestly, I really never gave it much thought either except for the occasional times I have to deal with the dreaded runners "black" toenails.  Or when I'm choosing my next pair of running shoes. 

I have worked for my dad in our family medical practice for the last 12 years.  I love our patients and have formed a relationship with most of them.  I have never hidden my faith or the love I have for them-not just caring about their physical health. Last night, a patient that I have known for quite some time kind of hobbled in.  I knew that he had chronic pain, but I thought it was only lower back and hip pain.  When I asked him if he was ok, he replied, "You know I broke my feet several years ago.  I fell off a barn roof. Have you ever looked at your feet?  I sure look at mine differently now.  They just don't want to take me where I need to go anymore.  And, if they do, it's always painful."  We talked more about it and how he would have new feet someday and no more pain. Wow, had to choke back the tears.  

As he limped out, I looked down at my feet.  Praise God, thanks to running, they are not the most beautiful feet you would ever want to look at, but they work!  They are beautiful in God's eyes because they allow me to bring the message of "good news" to others.  Isn't that awesome?  So what if I don't have all 10 toenails to paint?  What I do have is a love for Christ and an overwhelming need to share it.  

How about you?  Are you using your feet to "bring good news"?  No matter what you think they look like, God thinks they are beautiful when you are using them for the purpose He designed them for.  What are you waiting for?  Get moving!

Heavenly Father, thank you for the reminder that we are wonderfully made right down to our feet and our toes.  We pray that you protect us and keep us ready and able to "bring good news" wherever it may need to be preached.  Praise you for your choosing us to be the ones to share it.  In your precious name we pray Jesus, Amen.

Happy Running!!!

I wanna be Your hands & feet.  I wanna be Your voice every time 

speak. I wanna run to the ones in need, in the name of Jesus.-Fee



No comments:

Post a Comment