Monday, June 2, 2014

Good Morning!

Good Morning!

"The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." Isaiah 58:11


Like a lot of runners, I take a rest day every week.  Honestly, it's not something I like to do but have learned that it is good for my body. This week my rest day was to be Sunday.  Was blessed to be able to run a race with my son on Saturday so a rest day didn't seem so bad.   Was actually planning the fantastic breakfast I was going to cook the family before church.

As life would have it, though, the day was met with some unexpected news and I spent most of the late afternoon and early evening praying.  I went to bed with a heavy heart and prayed that God would give me some answers.  Early the next morning. long before I was planning to wake, I felt God nudging me.   "Wake up Mimi.  Come on, let's go for a run, you need to talk to Me."  I pulled up the covers and thought, "Can't we talk here?  This is my rest day.".  "Come on," I felt Him say, "You'll feel better and we'll take it easy." Reluctantly I pulled back the covers and went to get dressed for a run.  You see, for so many years, Jesus has been my running partner-always faithful and always knowing what I need and when I need it.   So I laced up my shoes trusting in His plan still not quite awake.

As we ran and talked, I thanked God for waking me up early to have this time alone with Him and for the undeserved blessings that He has supplied-not because of anything I've done but because of who He is.  Oh boy, He was right.  I did need that run.  It's not one that will go down in the record books for being long or fast but it will be one I will remember simply because He loved me enough to minister to me in the place where my soul is the quietest... running down a gravel country road.  And yes I did make it home in time to make the family a fine meal before heading off to church with a huge smile on my face and a heart no longer weighed down with worry.  If you're overburdened today, give it to Him.  Let go, go for a run or walk and have a good morning!

Heavenly Father, thank you for Your presence in our lives.  You are so loving to meet us where we are and to take us where we need to be to be closer to You.  May we never take for granted the gift of the Holy Spirit who speaks to us giving us comfort when we need it.  In your precious name we pray Jesus, Amen.

Happy Running!!!
www.team413.org






No comments:

Post a Comment