Saturday, May 3, 2014

God's plan


God's plan



"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."  Psalm 139:14


I got my latest issue of Runners World in the mail today. After briefly glancing at the cover, I placed it in my "to read" pile on top of the last issue of the magazine.  I had to laugh about how I used to devour the magazine in an attempt to gain knowledge that would turn me into a world class runner.  And then I realized that I will never be a world class runner.  Not that my feelings were hurt. I kinda suspected it when I took a long look in the mirror at my short legs and stumpy body.  Ok, so I wasn't designed to be a world class runner.  But, what God designed me for is even better.  

 Jeremiah 1:4-5 tells the story of Jeremiah's calling, "The word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”  Jeremiah was called to become a great prophet to the people of Israel.  God may not want us to be prophets like Jeremiah but He has called each of us to do specific work here on earth.  

Some of the assignments he gives us are not fun, grand or glorious.  In fact, some may be downright difficult and slow in producing fruit.  But when we keep pressing on in faith, we find that God is faithful and His plan for our lives is perfect.  Start by seeking out God's will for your life and then follow it.  You can be sure He has a plan just for you and will help and encourage you as you do it.  

Heavenly Father, thank you for giving us a plan for our lives.  We know that we are fearfully and wonderfully made to be exactly what you need us to be.  Help us to embrace the way we are and to search to find Your will for our lives.  We love you and we praise you because your works are wonderful.  In Your precious name we pray Jesus.  Amen!

Happy Running!!!


*If you feel called to fulfill the Great Commission through your gift of running, check out TEAM 413 at team413.org.  "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"  Matthew 28:19







No comments:

Post a Comment