Thursday, February 27, 2014

This is not our home

This is not our home


"He will wipe every tear from their eyes.  There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."  Revelation 21:4


Websters Dictionary defines pain as: the physical feeling caused by something that hurts the body, mental or emotional suffering, or someone or something that causes trouble or makes you feel annoyed or angry.  It defines trials as: tests of someone's abilities to do that something to see if he/she should join a team, perform in a play, etc.


I was thinking about pain, in particular, today as I finished up my morning run.  I was fondly remembering a time when I could just jump out of bed, grab my shoes and hit the road .  No duck walking (you guys over 40 know what I mean) out of bed and stretching until my muscles decided to work again.  Aaaahhh... the good ole' days.  And trials?  Don't really remember any of those back in those good ole days.  But, yesterday, as I was ending my run, preparing to stretch and ice the tendon, I looked back on the pain and trials in my life and smiled.  I am truly thankful for them all.  Yep, each and every one.

Pain and trials are amazing blessings.  Pain reminds us that this is not our home (don't get too comfortable) and trials serve to remind us that God is with us and will always be with us.  He will be there until the very end, walking us through this life, until the day when we actually go  "home".  Psalm 48:14 gives us this promise, " He is our God forever and ever, and he will be our guide until we die."  What a comforting promise.

Pain and trials, to the believer, also serve as a constant reminder that we are alive, which means we have a pulse.  And if we have a pulse, we have a purpose (pulse equals purpose).   Isaiah 43:7 says, "everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, who I formed and made."  The scripture is telling us that the ultimate purpose of man, is to simply glorify God!!!!  You can do it wherever and however you want. But, while there is breath in your lungs, follow the motto of Nike and JUST DO IT!!!!!

I don't know about you but I'm looking forward to the bus ride heading "home."  God willing though,  I think I'll stay a while and take some passengers.


Heavenly Father, thank you for pain that reminds us that this is our temporary home.   Let us long for the day when you will wipe away our tears and we will find comfort in your arms.  While we are here, we pray you show each and every one of us the purpose you have for our lives.  Help us to be bold in winning the lost to you so they too can "make it home."  In your precious name Father, Amen. 


2nd Annual Prairie Spirit Trail Ultra Race Saturday, 29 March 2014 Ottawa, Kansas Melissa and her teammates will endeavor to complete the 100-mile Ultra Race along the Prairie Spirit Trail. Please support them. Sponsor Team 413 at gracerunner413.blogspot.com or call 573-433-6684 or 573-774-4992 Missouri Team 413 Ambassador Melissa Martinez Members of TEAM 413 – GRACERUNNER MINISTRIES, INC. are raising funds to provide free Ultrasounds to women experiencing un-planned or crisis pregnancies in Pulaski County. All money raised will go towards training volunteer technicians and ultrasound maintenance at the Free Women’s Center. The Free Women’s Center empowers as many individuals as possible to make healthy life choices consistent with the intrinsic value of human life. The Center offers free and confidential pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, prenatal education, and financial & material assistance. Learn more at www.supportmyfwc.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment