Sunday, February 16, 2014

"Run with the Wind" Sarcoxie 2014

Our Fashionista!  The one and only... wait for it........
Hope Martinez

Prerace with Laura Murrieta and Cheryl Shores.

This is an interesting race.  It starts off either in Carthage ending in Sarcoxie or Sarcoxie ending in Carthage.  Aptly named as the course is determined the morning of the race based on wind direction.  You start the race off with the wind to your back.  We started this day in Sarcoxie and ended in Carthage.  Pretty chilly start of about 26 degrees with overcast skies.  I knew God was going to bring sunshine though!  I told them that.  And, he did it!

There was, sadly, no prerace prayer (I will volunteer us to do it next year).  But a group of us, about 7, held hands and prayed at the starting line.  We were all so happy to be there.  I love that none us took it for granted that this day was from the Lord.  The course was all back roads, nice, somewhat hilly and very scenic.  An absolutely gorgeous day to run.  Did I say I loved the course?  No gatorade but you can't win them all:).

About mile 13, a gentleman passed me and said he appreciated the verse on my back.  I handed him a bracelet and wished him a strong finish.  After the race, he approached me and apologized for interrupting me while I was on the phone.  What?!!!!   And then I busted out laughing.  I was talking all right...to Jesus!!   I was laughing and even doing hand gestures as I was praising God and just enjoying His presence.  How funny that someone thought I was on the phone.  I had headphones on so he must have thought I had a bluetooth!  Oh well....  no one said I was "right in the head."

Went on to meet some most amazing people at the finish line.  We had to wait for the awards and the shuttle back to the start line so I spent about 90 minutes there.  As faithful as God is, He set up the encounters of who we were to speak to.  I'll just say that the friends I made will be friends for life and they were exactly the reason team413 was there.  Praise God, Laura had the same experience.  And that is what it's all about.  God gives us the ability, we give Him the glory.  What a blessed day indeed!




No comments:

Post a Comment