Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Back in the race

Back in the race

"My wayward children, come back to me and I will heal your wayward hearts." Jeremiah 3:22

If you're like most people, you made a new years resolution or two.  Webster's Dictionary defines resolution as "an answer or solution to something.". Given that definition, the resolutions were probably as different was we are.   Don't lose heart if you've since given up on keeping it.  You're not alone.   Let's take a look at some statistics regarding resolutions.  Per answers.com:  only 8% of people achieve their new years resolutions. 92% of those not kept fail by January 20.  Wow, doesn't take most of us long to quit does it?  Does that mean we should stop making resolutions to try and better ourselves?  Absolutely not.   We should always strive to be better.

Consider this other statistic, per Runners World, only 0.5% of the population will ever complete a marathon. Should we never enter the race?   Of course not.  We should just be realistic about the distance we are willing to cover and the training we are willing to endure.  God made us all with different abilities but He equips us all to "run the race" whatever distance that may be He calls you to.   Because the Christian life is like a long-distance run though, you have to pace yourself.  You have to persevere to finish the race.   And, yes, along the way resolutions get made and they get broken.

Perhaps you were on the right course and life got you sidetracked?   Maybe you were running strong with Jesus and you just gave up?   If you desire to get back in the race, have I got news for you!!!  The entry fee has been paid by Jesus.  You're not alone, He is ready to run it with you.   Maybe you never even entered the race, viewing it instead as a hesitant spectator, and you don't even know how to start.  It's easy my friend.

Whether you desire a new life or have strayed and want to come back, God will forgive you right now if you will return to him.  Simply pray the following prayer:  God, I am sorry for my sin.  I am sorry that I have strayed from you.  I ask you to forgive me now as I repent of my sin.  I don't want to be separated from you any longer.  Renew and revive me as I once again follow you as my God in this race.  Thank you for your forgiveness.  In Jesus' name, Amen.  


"Doesn't matter where I'm going if I'm going with you.  I press on, I press on, I press on. " Building 429


No comments:

Post a Comment