Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Make me broken

  O Lord, open my lips,
and my mouth will declare your praise.
  wFor you will not delight in sacrifice, or I would give it;
you will not be pleased with a burnt offering.
  The sacrifices of God are xa broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.  Psalm 51:15-17


Today I was able to run with no tendon pain.  I am so absolutely grateful that the Lord has healed my injury.  I was even able to return to somewhat of my normal form.  As I was praising God for this on my morning run, I was also praising him for His discipline.  Without this injury, I would have failed to appreciate the true honor it will be to glorify Him through the 100 mile race on March 29.

You see, I was approaching this endeavor with a less than worthy attitude and apprehension and stress over how to train, if I could fit this into my schedule and so on.  God doesn't need my sacrifice!!!! And He doesn't need yours.  He wants our brokenness.  Our willingness to "empty me of me" so He can fill us.  When faced with the reality that this injury could keep me from glorifying Him through this race, I began to feel deep remorse over my lack of faith and my selfish attitude.  Faced with the truth, I could do nothing but cry and call out to God begging forgiveness.   Psalm 51:17 says that "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise."   This is connected with verse 16, "For you will not delight in sacrifice, or I would give it; you will not be pleased with a burnt offering.".  David is stating that there is nothing we can offer God to appease Him when we have sinned.  He wants true repentance.   He wants brokenness.  

There are some things in this life that need to be broken like pride, self will and stubbornness.  To us, broken things are worthless, but to God brokenness is priceless.  He takes broken and makes  it better. Something designed specifically for His use.  What are you struggling with today?  Are you willing to be broken so you can be better?

Heavenly Father, Please break us of our will today.  Make us into something you can use and take away our pride, reminding us of what a great gift it is to glorify you daily.  Amen.


2nd Annual Prairie Spirit Trail Ultra Race Saturday, 29 March 2014 Ottawa, Kansas Melissa and her teammates will endeavor to complete the 100-mile Ultra Race along the Prairie Spirit Trail. Please support them. Sponsor Team 413 at gracerunner413.blogspot.com or call 573-433-6684 or 573-774-4992 Missouri Team 413 Ambassador Melissa Martinez Members of TEAM 413 – GRACERUNNER MINISTRIES, INC. are raising funds to provide free Ultrasounds to women experiencing un-planned or crisis pregnancies in Pulaski County. All money raised will go towards training volunteer technicians and ultrasound maintenance at the Free Women’s Center. The Free Women’s Center empowers as many individuals as possible to make healthy life choices consistent with the intrinsic value of human life. The Center offers free and confidential pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, prenatal education, and financial & material assistance. Learn more at www.supportmyfwc.com.


1 comment: