Thursday, January 25, 2024

Come back Home

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9 NIV



As I neared the end of my run in Georgia yesterday, I stopped to type in the name of the hotel my husband and I were staying at and smiled. I felt so blessed to have been able to run in a new place the last couple of days, even getting in the 20 miler that was on my training plan. It was nice just to go where I wanted to go on a whim, soaking up the southern heat and not worrying about getting back, since I knew I could access GPS and be given step by step directions to lead me back ‘home’ whenever I was ready. “This is so much like the way God is,” I thought to myself at one point. “Like GPS, He is always ready to give us the directions home when we admit we’re hopelessly lost and in need of help.”


And you know, as we look around at the state of our our world today, it’s easy to see that millions of people have gone astray—having been enticed to go this way or that by the deadly and deceitful allure of sin and are now suffering the consequences. Thankfully though, the Bible tells us that if a person confesses their sins, God is faithful and just and will forgive them of their sins and purify them from all unrighteousness. Is that amazing or what? 


So if that has you saying, “Wow. That’s me today. I’m lost and in need of help,” repent and be reconciled to the Father my friend. He will not only guide you home but will welcome you in with open arms. 


Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us that You are always ready and willing to guide the lost home no matter what they’ve done, so long as they are willing to confess and turn from their sins. Thank You for not only forgiving us but for completely restoring us. It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 


Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment