Thursday, March 3, 2022

We know how the Story ends

“He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!” revelation 22;20 NIV


“Down numbers compared to last year at this time but we started registration 5 weeks later and have not had a price increase yet. That increase will be on Monday 3/14,” was the message my Race Director friend, Scott, shared with me and my fellow ambassadors of the Rock Island Road Race yesterday afternoon. “I think race numbers will be down everywhere because of the state of our world,” I responded shaking my head. “Inflation is up and people are hesitant to spend their money on things they don’t absolutely need. I’m seeing it here for sure.” “I agree,” Scott replied. “It’s going to affect every industry possible.” Knowing just how true that statement was I messaged Scott back and said, “For sure. Crazy times we are in. Thankful that we know how the Story ends,” to which Scott gave me a big thumbs up.

And you know, if you enjoy a story with a happy ending like I do, then the last chapter of the Bible will not only not disappoint you but will give you peace as you watch the events of the last days unfolding--events that could quite possibly have you sitting on the edge of your seat as we speak, wondering how it's all going to play out. But you'll be happy to know that this Great Story ends with the return of Jesus who has testified, “Yes, I am coming soon,” imploring us to be ready, hopeful, and watchful. The Story ends with those who have placed their trust in Christ being taken home where they will abide with the Lord forever. I don't know about you my friend, but I believe this ending deserves a big thumbs-up from every single one of us. 

So remember that, although times are changing quickly, you and I have nothing to fear. We've read the final chapter and we know with complete certainty how the Great Story will end. And for this knowledge, let us join voices in proclaiming, "Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!"

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving us the amazing Script we call the Bible. Instill in us a desire to read it with fervency Lord that we might not worry about the coming days, knowing that by the time the credits roll, we will be safely in Your presence for eternity. Give us an urgency to share this with others Father so that they might join us in celebrating the ultimate happy ending. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment