Sunday, March 13, 2022

It will be worth the effort

"In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also." John 14:2,3 KJV



Like many of the other volunteers who spent the majority of Saturday afternoon setting up for the Racing for Daylight 12-hour Ultra, I also ran the race which began at 6:00 p.m. that evening and ended at 7:00 a.m. Sunday morning. And if running for 720 minutes straight isn’t hard enough in good conditions (especially after preparing for this event that hosted more than 50 runners), we ran through the darkness for 11 out of the 12 hours and battled winds that were downright bone-chilling at times. So bone-chilling in fact that after finishing the event, tearing down the aid stations, and then driving home with the heater on, I walked in the door, immediately took off my coat and shoes and then laid down on the couch with a heavy blanket, thankful that God had given me the strength to make it across the finish line and back home where I could find heat, rest, and relief from my efforts. "Oh Lord," I thought to myself as I smiled, breathed in big, closed my eyes, and pulled the blanket tight. "Thank You for this warm house You have blessed me with." 

And you know, while our earthly homes may indeed be a place of rest and refuge from our toils here on earth, they are nothing compared to the "Father's house" where there "are many mansions" being prepared for us by Christ himself who has promised to "come again" to take us there. I don't know about you my friend, but in a world that is growing increasingly darker and progressively more intent on persecuting those who follow Jesus and those who stay faithful and uncompromising on the commands laid out in the Bible, the promise of residing in the place Jesus has prepared will be well worth the struggle, labor, and hard work it will take to stay loyal and make it to the eternal finish line. 

So determine within yourself that you will do whatever it takes to run the race and to stay faithful until the end. Doing so will reap benefits beyond your wildest imagination, including abiding in the Father's house for eternity. Can you just imagine how amazing that will be? 

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us that every person who has chosen to follow You will one day have rest from their earthly worries, troubles, and trials. Lord, if there's someone reading this that has not put their trust in You, I pray today is the day they would recognize their need for the only One who can provide shelter from this dark and cold world and choose to trust You so they might reap the eternal benefit of living with You forever. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment